MBA Executive students and alumni, some of GSBA academic staff members participated in the internship in UK on October 3-9th.
The intensive internship program included the following companies visiting:
• Lloyd’s, the world leader in the sphere of insurance and re-insurance, the largest insurance market;
• London Metal Exchange, the world leading non-ferrous metals exchange market;
• British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), the world largest broadcasting center;
• Fuller, Smith & Turner P.L.C., one of the oldest and largest independent beer producer in UK.
The program of Oxford visiting was organized by Said Business School (University of Oxford), one of the youngest and the most innovative international business schools. One-day program featured:
• Lectures by professor A. Nickolson “What Managers Want: a Cross-Cultural Perspective“, P. Harrison “How entrepreneurial is your firm?”, A. Betts “Global Migration Governance and Challenges of the New Economy”;
• Meetings with Said Business School academic staff members and representatives of Russian and Eurasian Studies Centre, St. Antony’s College, University of Oxford;
• Visiting Bodleian Library, one of the oldest European libraries.
Along with this, the UK Parliament was visited as a vivid symbol of the world oldest parliament’s traditions.
Such cultural events as visiting football match “Chelsea-Liverpool” and musical “Mamma Mia” were also included in the program.